Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Big Doink Update

     Have been plugging away on the Big Doink whenever I can get to it. After I pulled the top end for a look, I was pleasantly surprised to find everything in pretty good shape. Everything except the valve covers. Someone had assembled them pretty poorly, putting things where they shouldn't be, even throwing in a custom spring and as a result the rear rocker box had a blowout and is basically scrap. Found a replacement and hope it have the top end buttoned back up soon. Changed the tapped block o-rings and polished the blocks up a bit while the jugs were off, scraped and cleaned everything else. I scored a cool old purple paint set from Oldiron Parts online, fits perfect and I really dig the purple. Got some new Duro tires to try out from Fortnine at an unbeatable price, and installed new bearings in both wheels. Have been cleaning up the springer with help from a cool product Metal Rescue. The stuff is amazing and I plan to make another post to show how awesome it works.  Bit by bit I have been crossing stuff off the list, hope to have it ready for a spring ride. 












No comments:

Post a Comment