Saturday, December 3, 2011

Costa Rica



So I was coming down to Santa Teresa, Costa Rica to check on my rental cabinas after a very large rainfall the town received about 2 weeks ago. We had some water damage to some of the drywall. My dad thought it would be a rad idea to get another bike and take a tour of some part of the country while I'm down here "working"! haha Leaving Miami headed south
This is my hog... Honda CGL125 with custom board rack. They are $1,800 brand new and you get about 300km on 6 litres!
We drove 250km's north over a mountain pass to Santa Rosa National park, home to a famous surf break called Witch's Rock. If you watch Endless Summer 2 there is a little section about it. It took about 5 1/2 hours due to the roads but well worth it. Spotted this tree near the entrance.
The drive in is about 15km of the gnarliest road ever. River crossings, mud pits, mountain descents, Puma's, etc. Takes about an hour, but when you arrive to this camping site and the waves at the end of the tunnel it's euphoric!!!
Loading some GoPro footy after surfing. I'll be home Monday and should have a pretty rad vid up later in the week, also some more photos shot with my film cameras... PURA VIDA!!!

3 comments: